the first time when we were together..

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 by Ankur

Day 2

Well, after talking till 4 am with a girl, how can someone sleep? So, after trying as hard as possible to sleep, trying not to think of her too much, I finally went to sleep. Again, I woke up late. Anyways, yesterday, we had decided that we will play tt today but the time was not decided. I was excited but at the same time, I was also worried as if she didn’t come on fb today, then how will the time be decided. Since I didn’t want to take any risk, so, I was online the whole day. Finally, it was around 4, that she was online again. Without wasting any time, I started the conversation with the usual ‘hi’.

‘hii, so what time did u sleep last night?’, came the reply.

‘You ask what time did I sleep?? I was awake the whole night because of u miss!!’, I thought but tt was the first priority at this time, so without wasting any time, I replied,’ around 4 as usual ;)‘ and also added, ‘ so, time decided?’

‘annn…actually, I couldn’t find the rackets :( ’, she said.

'oh fish! Does that mean she doesn’t wanna play or is she telling the truth?’, all such thoughts started running in my mind and then she further added ,’actually I’ll try once more, and if I find them, then I’ll tell you.’

‘okay’, I said and prayed to God to help her find the rackets. In fact, I even offered God some bribe ;) .

‘But, how will I tell you?’, she asked.

I thought this is the best time to give her my phone no, so, I said ,’ann..if you find them, then msg me at 84********.’

‘okay’, she said and further added,' i gtg now...catch u later..bye tc :) ' and then she was offline.

I also logged out and took my phone in my hand and for the next hour or so, I just kept staring at it. An hour passed but still no message from her side. In that one hour, I received around 3 messages. Each time my phone beeped, my heart beat started to rise but only to find out that whether it was from some property dealer or about some service provided by my service provider. I was starting to lose hope now. I tried cracking some deals with God. And then, finally my phone beeped again. I just hoped that maybe this was the one that I had been expecting. I opened it and it read-

     hii, I m standing near tt table, u also come here- Ridhima

I thanked God for the message. I then saved the no first and then replied –

    Hi, I will be there in a moment :) 

And after typing this, I just rushed out of my house. As I arrived near the tt table, I saw her with two rackets in her hand, looking as beautiful as always. We played for about 40 minutes. This was the first time that we two were together away from the eyes of ‘other people’.

That night again, she was online. So, we chatted a bit. And after she went offline, I closed my pc, took out my phone and kept staring at the recent entry in my phone book and while just staring at that contact, I don’t know when I was asleep.


Day 3

Whole day just passed in her thoughts. But since there was no plan to play tt, so, there was no way to meet her today. I had been trying hard to recall the whole conversation between us over that tt table searching for hints.


At around 6 pm, I headed towards the terrace. As I stepped on the terrace, I was shocked, amazed and surprised! She was standing there! For a moment I thought that I am hallucinating. Then, she noticed me (probably she was surprised too). With her ‘killing’ smile, she asked,’ arre! Aap yahan?’  



Then I realised, ‘oh! This is not a dream :D ‘.  So, I again thanked God for the help and then, sounding casual, I replied,’ annn…aapne kal kaha tha na ki chhat par hawa achhi chalti h, toh maine socha aaj hum bhi feel karein..

She laughed on hearing that. ‘kafi friends hain aapke, raat ko 4 baje tak chatting chalti h’, she said with a hint of sarcasm.

‘Once you enter college, your friend list will be twice than mine’, I thought. Anyways I said, ‘ hmm, your friendlist will also expand on entering college'.

koi girlfriend bhi h kya?’, she asked.

‘looks like she is in good mood today’, I thought. ‘No, do you have a boyfriend?’, I asked.

‘Nopes, so have you proposed someone till date?’

‘Ann..yeah, once proposed’

‘so, what was the reply?’

‘a slap’

She burst into laughter on hearing that. ‘So, have you proposed anyone?’ I asked though I knew that she must have received a dozen proposals till date.

‘Nah..girls don’t propose’, she said sarcastically.

Ankur beta! I think it would be better if you start your preparations for proposing her, quickly’, I thought.


And then for the next hour, we walked on the terrace and talked. I just don’t have words for that hour or for that evening. With cold air blowing her ‘dupatta’ again and again, cloudy sky, and sun just about to set and on top of that, her company just made it a perfect evening.  And, occasionally when she tucked the locks of her hair behind her ear by her fingers, I was like ‘maar hi daalengi ye toh!!




P.S: 1. I hope this was better than the last one.
       2. Thank you for your comments and likes.
       3. Any comments, suggestions, reviews and 'likes' are warmly welcomed. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment